Cherry Tomato Snack

Spring is in the air! This year I want to try growing some tomatoes (..again!). The last couple of attempts went totally awry .. either lack of watering or too much of it, once there were bugs all over the vines and once i even blamed it on the pot ( it was retaining too much water)! On my last grocery trip, I got an issue of Martha Stewart Living in which there is an article "Tomatoes for all spaces".. so , I am all set now. I would like to tell myself that my black thumb is slowly turning green ; at-least the darkest shade of green :) So today I am off to buy some potting soil and some tomato-plants.. hoping to reap a bounty ( or in the least, a handful).
In the meantime , I would love to share with you this super-easy, healthy and beautiful salad/ snack that I had at one of the parties recently.

Ingredients:
  • 1 pint Cherry tomatoes ( or any small variety of tomatoes)
  • 2 tbs Sour cream
  • 1 tbs Capers
  • Salt to taste
  • 1/8 tsp Crushed peppercorn or to taste
Procedure:
  • Halve the tomatoes .
  • In a small bowl mix the sour cream, capers, salt and crushed pepper
  • Put a dollop of this mixture on to the tomato ( If you have a pastry bag and tips, you could even use that ..just make sure to use a wide-tip so that the capers can pass through.
Happy Snacking !

No comments:

Post a Comment