Eggless Chocolate Mousse


It is a typical case of mis-communication ! My friend makes one killer Eggless Chocolate Mousse .. he happens to be a pastry-chef. So the last time we met up I mentioned how good it was; seriously it was not in my intention to extract any of his trade secrets. But being the gentleman that he is he offered up the recipe . However, the recipe was lost in all the hustle n bustle at the restaurant . A very regretful me got back home , still determined to try out the mousse from whatever parts I remembered and then some common-kitchen-sense.
I started out with extra portions of all the ingredients so as to deal with any oncoming disasters. By now I am sure you would be wondering"" why is this woman even posting this recipe ??"" .So, let me assure you the outcome wasnt all that bad. On the good side, it is very easy to make and doesnt have any eggs in it ..on the flip side, if you dont like the bitter sweet taste of chocolate, this is not for you (but then you can always substitue another kind of chocolate if you dont like the taste of semi-sweet )

Ingredients:
  • 1 cups (8 oz) Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 4 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate
  • 8 oz Whipped Cream
Procedure :
  • In a heavy bottom pan heat the whipping cream and chocolate. Bring it to a boil.
  • Let cool
  • Once it cools down , fold in the whipped cream.
  • Refrigerate for 4 hours
Serve in scoops or garnished with fresh berries.

5 comments:

Gingerbread & Me said...

Sounds, and looks, delicious!!!
Was this experiment undertaken in anticipation of Good Friday & Easter?

trueblue said...

Hey Rekha, Thanks for stopping by. Oh it is not for Easter.. bt since you mentioned , we are having a "Veaster" get together since most of our friends have time constraints to have separate functions for Easter n Vishu :(
Wonder what these busybodies (sadly includes me too )are gonna come up with next !!

bee said...

i like my chocolate very bitter. when you say 8oz whipped cream, do you mean 8oz cream, whipped? or readymade whipped cream?

trueblue said...

Hi Bee,
I used 1 8oz tub of whipped cream ( store bought frozen one).I let it thaw as said in the instructions and before using. I figure you could also whip the cream yourself, the 8oz measurement is arbitrary :) Keep adding till you like the taste !

Gingerbread & Me said...

Hey there,
Have sent you the Chilli chicken recipe..
:)
Be warned, it has ajinomoto in it..:)
Do let me know how that turns out...

Post a Comment